Saturday 7 January 2012

This Week


This week was catching up with old friends. It is one of life's finest pleasures to have those friends who you can meet up with after a year, and talk to as if you see them every day. And I find that hot chocolate and heart to hearts go hand in hand. 


This week was journaling on the go. I have been keeping a journal for a year now, and I've noticed a very inconvenient pattern. The more time I have on my hands, the more I write, but when I'm busy, my journal is neglected. This means that there are gaps left in my journal for the times that are most exciting! But this week when Kate and I traveled to Kerry to meet up with cousins/friends, I wrote at every opportunity so that the  precious memories wouldn't be lost. 


This week was swapping music. The only thing that brings me more joy than finding new music is sharing it with those who I know will appreciate it. :) This week we swapped some Drew Tabor, Sarah Crummy, Taylor Swift, A Rocket To The Moon & Ally Rhodes. 


This week was cosy reading. I love how simple my life can be when I'm away from home. I had no internet, no TV, no distractions from life's simple pleasures. All I had with me was what I had packed in my little rucksack, so while the girls slept in in the mornings, I enjoyed some quality time with my book.

'This Week' Playlist
1. Safe & Sound- Taylor Swift
2. Tragic- Drew Tabor 
3. Like We Used To- A Rocket To The Moon
4. New Soul- Yael Naim
5. Dark Blue Tennessee- Taylor Swift
6. Coney Island- Good Old War
7. Small Bump- Ed Sheeran
8. Don't Worry, Be Happy- Bob Marley
9. Jaded- Sarah Crummy
10. Your Winter- Sister Hazel

I hope you enjoyed your first week of 2012. And if not? Well let's make next week simply wonderful. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh ! I loooove Taylor Swift ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this type of week. Simple is best <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe and Sound is what I've been listening to this week too! You should check out Ingrid Michaelson, I think you'll like her. "Everybody", "Soldier", and "You and I" are some of my favs

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy :)