Tuesday 3 January 2012

Proud To Be Irish


It's common knowledge that I want to travel as soon as possible, and experience as many different cultures as I can. I can't wait! I am dying to live in America and Australia and maybe even Italy one day. But I will always remember where I came from, and I will remember the things that make me proud to be Irish. 


How can you not love it? Valleys and hills, patchwork fields, and tiny little houses peeking from behind the trees. I get to call this 'home'. And of course, we have music. Listen to this amazing singer-songwriter, Sarah Crummy! 

  

We have traditional music too of course, and though I have kind of abandoned my flute, whistle & bodhran for my guitar, I will always love trad. And St. Patrick's Day! 



Yes, I am driving a tractor. And don't you dare laugh at my wellies. Aren't I lookin' well, lads? 


Other reasons I love being Irish: 
  • Amazing writers. W.B. Yeats, Eavan Boland, Brian Friel, Bram Stoker (Dracula!), Oscar Wilde, James Joyce, Jonathan Swift (Gulliver's Travels), Cecilia Ahern & Maeve Binchy. 
  • Food. Tayto crisps, Brennan's bread, sausages, cadbury's chocolate, and good aul tea.
  • Music. The Script, Snow Patrol, The Coronas, Van Morrison, The Cranberries, Maura O'Connell, Mary Black, Julie Feeney, Damien Rice, Glen Hansard, U2 and lots more.
There are so many reasons to love being Irish. I just wanted to capture a taste of it. :) 




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to Sarah Crummy. =]

    also,

    Irish=Win.

    You can't argue with maths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to Australia SO BAD!! When you come to America, come visit me :) Nothing like a Michigan winter baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Ireland. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy :)