Wednesday 16 May 2012

Dry Spells


Sometimes I go through dry spells. I think I've written about them before on this blog. It might last a week, maybe two, and my creativity just stops flowing. I stop playing music, I have no interest in reading or writing, I can't craft, and even my conversation seems dull. But I don't really mind when that happens.


I don't mind at all. Because when that dry spell is over, my creative mind goes on overdrive. This week I have rediscovered my love of reading, and I have really enjoyed 'The Perks of Being A Wallflower' by Stephen Chbosky and 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I have written a happy song inspired by my summer in Canada which I will share with you when I'm finished tweaking it. I've written so much in my diary, and now I'm coming back to life on my blog too. Happy days. :) I always know that every dry spell is followed by a wonderful shower of inspiration and creativity.


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! It's kind of like that in all aspects of life. When you're going through something tough, that's not the end! There's a light at the end of the tunnel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right, Olga :) I love the saying 'rainy days bring flowers', it fits with those kind of moods.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy :)