Monday 13 February 2012

Remember When?


Remember when dandelion seeds could really tell your future? You'd watch the fluffy seeds take flight, full of hope that your wish might just come true. 

Remember walking with the waves, watching each one tumble over the next? And trying to guess just how far each wave would reach before retreating shyly to the ocean? 


Remember when it was okay to just be yourself, to not have to worry what the rest of the world saw you as? Remember when it was attractive to be messy, and fashion wasn't an issue? 


Remember when we cried only because we'd stepped on a lego piece or we'd dropped our lollipop? 


I'm turning 18 on Thursday. That's getting big. Don't get me wrong, I am suuuper excited! I have been waiting for this birthday for a very long time. I'm definitely ready for it. I've never been more excited for a birthday. :) I'm just feeling a little sentimental about it, I guess. I won't be a child ever again. I won't feel the excitement of loosing a tooth, or fit in the baby swings at the playground. I'll get odd looks for skipping in public (though I still do that anyway!), being in on grown up conversations are no longer such a big deal and Christmas will never be quite as magical. 

Wow, I didn't mean to make this post so sad! There is an awful lot that I miss about being a kid... But I am so happy to be starting a new chapter of my life. And I have photos and memories to look back on always. :) It's just happiness tinted with nostalgia. 


Now, on to the next adventure.... 

Love always,
Orla.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy :)