Monday 27 February 2012

On Being a Dork


Anyone who has spent more than five minutes with me knows that I am without a doubt a complete and utter dork. How, you ask? 

I am highly talented at tripping over flat ground. 
I speak fluently in 'Friends' quotes.
I simply cannot be 'smooth' or 'cool' in any situation.
I much prefer skipping to walking. 
I laugh at really bad jokes. 


See? Dork. 

People often make the mistake of assuming that since I made it to university to study nursing that I must be at least a little bit intelligent. My dear friends, that is simply not the case. I have had the nickname 'Blondie' among friends and family for as long as I can remember because of my famous 'Blonde Moments'. 


"I wonder do dentists get bitten often..."

"Imagine being a cow..."

"Oh my God, why is there a giraffe on the side of the road? Oh... That's a car."

"Aww look, those people are all reading the same book, it must be a book club, that's so cool! I've always wanted to join a book club. Oh... Wait.. They're reading a menu." 


To name a few. And my best talent is switching sentences up in my head so much that they come out completely incoherent. 

Apple crumble = Crapple Umble
Pineapple Swissroll = Swineapple Pissroll
We should so do that! = We sud show do that! 

It's a skill that not many people have. My Daddy says that the reason I am so blonde is not because I am stupid- it is because I am sooo smart that I have way too many incredibly intelligent thoughts rushing around in my head that sometimes they just get tangled up in each other and they come out the wrong way, that's all. 


Nope, I'm just a dork. :) 

7 comments:

  1. I might just be dying right now! If you're a dork, so am I! This post describes me quite well. And I about passed out from the cuteness of that kitten.
    I'm in love with yor new design by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :) I love being a dork, we should embrace it Ellie!

      Delete
  2. Oh I do :) I'm proud of it, it makes us unique ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a dork too! I can relate to several of the things you mentioned! Yaay, fellow dorks, haha:P
    http://the-stranger101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall form a dork club! :) I would high five you, but due to my complete lack of co-ordination and/or 'coolness', I would miss..

      Delete
  4. har har i love this. i am random and get easily distracted and say incoherent things. but i am asian and some people assume all asians are all brainy. ha. that's funny. I'm in art school and don't have to take math class thankfully. my younger inherited all the mathematical and scientifically smarts from my dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art school means you're creatively smart. :) You sound exactly like me with the random/distracted/incoherent part of your personality. I love it!

      Delete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy :)