Sunday 30 September 2012

Quirky Piece of Home


Have you ever walked into a place you've never been before, yet you're overwhelmed by the comforting feeling of being home? Every detail of your new surroundings plays with a piece of your heart. It almost feels like someone crawled inside your mind, took careful notes and then made the perfect escape just for you. I found my little part of heaven today when a friend brought me here... 


I smiled and smiled and tripped over my feet as my friends and a bemused waiter assisted me to a cosy spot upstairs. I gawked at every detail open mouthed. Comic book table cloths, lady bug teaspoons, owl shaped clocks. Couches that swallow you whole when you want to sleep and sofas that promise to hold and support you while you study. Books about perfume and Egyptian art, vinatge maps and posters of Audrey Hepburn, my lovely friend. Every little thing in the cluttered cafe was precious to me. 


Then of course, I opened the menu and my jaw dropped once more as I read the lists of fancy teas and cosy coffees. I settled on good old hot chocolate, and was not disappointed. However, a huge wave of sadness hit me as we were leaving and it occurred to me that I may not be back for a very long time, as it is located approximately 3 hours and 46 minutes from my home. Sigh. But if you are ever in Dublin city, then I would highly recommend you search for 'Foam', the most wonderful cafe I have found in my 18 years. Drink a hot chocolate and think of me :) 


4 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks so cool! Are you back from Canada? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it so crazy? Yup, I've been back for a month now, just settling back into life and university etc, it's been a bit hectic. How are you doing? :)

      Delete
  2. That is the coolest cafe I've ever seen! I don't think I've ever seen so much randomness in one place before! :) Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously cool café, one of our "locals" during 2nd Year, it's so pretty.. and their lemon cake.. wow.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy :)