Saturday 28 April 2012

Let's Fly Away


I'm a planner. I'm careful, and I get scared easily. I rarely take risks, and I spend too long thinking about things, which often means I let opportunities pass me by. I'm comfortable this way, and I enjoy my life. But inside me I have an awful lot of dreams that I'm afraid might never come true, simply because they're a little too risky. This occurred to me only recently when I was thinking of how I was going to spend this Summer, and that thought scared me more than the idea of taking risks. 

That's when I decided I needed to do something about it. 


I'm young. If I don't embrace my life now, then I never will. I need to get past the fear of failure, and just go for it! There is so much that I want to do, so much of the world I want to see and experience. I mentioned that I'm going to Canada? Well that is the first little adventure I've decided to go on. I am traveling across the world on my own for the first time, and I'm going to experience life in Canada while taking care of children. I'm going to explore the city of Toronto, and it will be a wonderful Summer. I'm excited! The first step towards a more adventurous life. :) Wish me luck. x


5 comments:

  1. I'm from just outside Toronto... it's a pretty amazing city, though I might be biased! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same, I like to plan things. It sounds like you're going to have an amazing time this summer, good luck with your trip!
    Btw I have given you a blog award :) xx
    http://bethht.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/65-laine-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw wow! Canada sounds awesome, have fun! I know what you mean, it can be super scary going out of your comfort zone...but I've discovered that I grow so much more when pushed to do something that I wouldn't normally do, God can really use you that way :) Good luck!

    Gina X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm nearly the same, but I'm also trying to work on it :) And I also want to go to Canada! So best of luck to you! And let us know how it goes this summer. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls :) Suzanne, you're from Toronto? That's so cool! I'm pretty sure I will love it. Beth, thank you so so much again, I am stunned and elated :) And Gina and Stranger, we have plenty of time to be more adventurous, don't worry! We'll just start asap, it'll be great fun. And no doubt I will be blogging about my Canadian adventures soon, I'm leaving in 4 days! x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy :)