Sunday 4 March 2012

Musical Musings

I am obsessed with Youtube. I have found many of my favourite artists on Youtube. People sit on their beds recording videos of themselves singing wonderful songs with beautifully real voices. Their personalities win my heart, and I find myself drawn back to them over and over. Here are a few of my favourite covers from my favourite Youtubers. :)

First up- The wonderful Kina Grannis singing Coldplay's 'Fix You', one of my all time favourite songs. I was lucky enough to actually meet Kina after her show on February 1st, 2012! I will never forget it. This girl is amazing. Incredibly sweet, incredibly talented, and incredibly down to earth. Please, go fall in love with her music.

Jayme Dee singing 'I Will Follow You Into the Dark' by Death Cab for a Cutie. Such an unusual voice, but incredibly addictive. If you have any doubt as to how great this girl is, watch her Bath Tub video- she's so cool!

Sarah Crummy's cover of 'Jar of Hearts'. Wow, this girl will win you over instantly, be it with her phenomenal musical abilities, or her endearing personality. I adore every song she posts, without exception.

Ally Rhodes singing 'Give Me Everything' by Pitbull, Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer. I hate this song. I mean, I really hate it. But I cannot help but really really love Ally's version. :) 

Imaginary Friend's version of 'Fly Me To The Moon'. Beautiful man, beautiful music. His voice is just haunting, I could listen to him all day. I only wish he had more songs... 

Drew Tabor's cover of 'Superbass'. Just watch it. :) I was shocked! It made me like the original. Drew Tabor is one of the quirkiest musicians I follow on Youtube. If you're not used to her, then the start of this video might confuse you, but please just listen to her singing. 

So that's it! I know that no one will watch all of these anyway, so to give you some chance, I will leave it at that for today. I will most likely be doing a few more posts just like this one, because I love to promote these wonderful, hidden talents. 


Have a happy Sunday. :) 

Orla.x


3 comments:

  1. Nice! You're probably on youtube more than I am so you're probably already aware of this cover, but I still think it's pretty neat...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9NF2edxy-M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god I love Coldplay!And finally I find someone who likes death cabs!You rock ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne Elyse- Oh I do love that cover! It's amazing. I wish I had musical friends, I would love to have enough people to do something like that. :)

    Audrey- Haha, thanks. :) Coldplay is amazing, I would love to see them live. I don't really know much of Death Cab, but that song is one of my favourites at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy :)